Thursday, 23 February 2017

Reflections on pre-writing

To be honest before this class I haven't really thought about pre-writing. I  find the notion of pre-writing unimportant and very trivial in the writing process. Today's class actually open up some new perspective for me on pre-writing. 
Pre-writing is actually quite vital for a smooth writing process. It provides a certain guideline for the writer and at the same time also help to prevent a chaotic and haphazard writing process from occuring. 
In the absence of pre-writing, one may forget a certain important point or a certain crucial example that might strike a difference between a poor essay and an excellent masterpiece.
Pre-writing does not take up more than 5-10 minutes of your time, but it is these 5-10 minutes that may make or break your essay. Without a pre-write is equivalent to writing aimlessly.
Pre-writing also keeps you on track and refrain you from straying off topic.
There are many types and ways of pre-writing, for example outlining, mapping and making tree diagrams. I personally like outlining my ideas in a pre-write as it gives me a clear prospect on my main and sub points.   

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I also thought that the pre-writing process was trivial and a hassle. And now we've managed to change our opinions!

    ReplyDelete

Comments system

Disqus Shortname