I like to write factual essays in general mostly because I suck at descriptive writing. Factual essays are point blank and straightforward. It contains bare facts and therefore there is no need for the use of overly bombastic or flowery words. I feel much more comfortable and 'safe' talking about things that are no longer merely statements but truths because lets face it you can't really stray to far from talking truths.
I guess it is safe to say that I enjoy being within the vicinity of the restrictions I have placed for myself in my 'tiny box'.
The general fear of making mistakes, fear of being ridiculed at for bad writing or the fear that I just might not be good enough are also reasons why I have more of an inclination towards factual writing than descriptive writing.
Factual writing also make me feel somewhat 'superior' and 'powerful'. After writing one I feel that I have learn something new through the research process I do when I write a factual essay. Hahaha.
Great. I like straight forward writings too.
ReplyDeleteI think your writing flows naturally from within you. It is a very enviable quality that I personally don't have. So, I think maybe you should overcome your fears and give a go at writing fictional works too. All the best to you.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, factual essay writing, or academic writing is a powerful tool and asset. I think it is alright to stay within your comfort zone, simmer there until you are ready for something wilder and much different. Man, I envy your ability to write factual stuff. I can't even start the first paragraph of such writing!
ReplyDeleteFun fact. I actually admire someone who can do factual writing. *Inserts winky face here*
ReplyDelete*high five* Factual essays for lifeeeee
ReplyDelete