Monday, 20 February 2017

The first day of class

Today marks the first day of my writing class.
The class started on a fun and engaging mode. Our lecturer, Dr. Sheena went ahead and spilt us into groups of three. We were all asked to write down, in our respective groups, two truths and one lie about ourselves and then share what we have written with our group members.
I didn't know what to write at first but in the end I came up with these three statements:
1) I have three rabbits and one of them is blind.
2) I am scared of the dark.
3) I have met a famous artist.
Can you guess which one is the truth and which one is a lie?
Well, only the first two statements are the truth.
Then due to the fact that today is Valentine's Day, Dr. Sheena had put on some romantic music and asked us to say one good thing about the other person  and after that give each other a heartfelt hug. To say the least it was kind of awkward at first because being the cynical and critical humans that we are,we were so used to seeing the negative parts of a person that it has become somewhat a challenge to think about the good that is in a person. This simple activity has reminded me to always look at the good that is in people and only be critical towards ourselves.
I appreciate my dear classmates even more after this activity. All in all, today was a good start and I look forward to the classes that are yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname