Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is truly a remarkable book of literature. The author presented many values in this novel. First of all, between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, there is an upward social status for Elizabeth upon her marriage. She is able to move out of her middle class background, literally, into landed gentry. However, she does not fall in love with Mr. Darcy for his money. In fact, it is his attitude, arrogance, and wealth which turn her against him when they first meet. Thus, the importance of love over money is definitely a main value in this book. Besides that, I also learned about the shallow values of the wealthy and their conceit. In the case of Lydia, her lack of honesty in a relationship and true heartfelt love is what is lost at the end of the day as she destroys what is good and honest. The value of marriage is widely illustrated through the Bennetts and their long term relationship.
I have truly learnt a lot of important life values through this book. I highly recommend this gem of a literature to anyone out there who is in search of a simple love and its tumbles as a bedtime story.
I love the concept of choosing love over money and it would be interesting to see a modern take on this! Your review was great 5 stars !!!
ReplyDelete"We are all fools in love." #Fav
ReplyDelete