
Today we had virtual learning or e-learning as our class was conducted via Spectrum. In many ways University of Malaya is not ready for e-learning. The site keeps crashing down and the messages took forever to be sent. At some point during the e-learning session, we 'migrated' to watsapp to continue our class because Spectrum has proven to be utterly useless and a pain in the ass for us to continue on. All in all, taking out all the negative problems that we had faced, e-learning is actually quite fun and enjoyable. We can do our own research at the side before posting answers to discussions and this has somehow made learning more exciting and pleasant.
Anyway, in the e-learning session today we have discussed about a letter wrote by a child to his parents about his realization of their hardships in parenting. In the letter the child expresses his understanding and realization about the hardships of being a parent when he was left with the responsibility of taking care of the house while his parents were on vacation in the Orient last month.
It was a very touching and heartfelt letter. I was exposed as a child through this letter that I may have been too selfish and inconsiderate towards my parents. As a child I was too occupied with receiving and taking that I had neglected the viewpoint and feelings of my parents. I had learned that I have to put myself in my parent's shoes more often and exercised more consideration and care towards them.
It may be excusable when I was younger but now at this age it should not be the case anymore.
My letter (from a point of view of a mother to her daughter):
My letter (from a point of view of a mother to her daughter):
Hello my dearest
daughter.
I am writing this letter
to let you know how much I love you. You are my baby girl and no matter what, you
will always be my little princess. You were my bundle of joy and I cannot tell
you just how happy and grateful I am that you are my daughter.
You didn’t grow up with a dad and for that I was
always sorry. I remembered, once, when you were five, you came running home
from school one day because one of your classmates made fun of you for not
having a dad. You asked me where daddy
was. But as I looked at your tear-stained face, I just couldn’t bring myself to
tell you that your dad had died in a car accident shortly after your birth.
Instead I just told you that daddy had gone overseas and is busy with work but
he is coming back soon. Over the years you came to know the truth yourself and
you would asked me questions about him, like what does he look like; is he
handsome and how did we met. It breaks my heart to see you grow up without a
dad but I was also so very proud of you for having grown into the strong and
independent woman that you are today.
You have always pursued after your dream since you are
young with a fervent passion and today you have made it into a successful artist
and photographer. You are doing what you loved and mummy is beaming with pride
for you. My dearest daughter, I love you so very much and no matter what I want
you to know that I would always be here for you. Be happy and remember that
here will always be your home.
With lots of love,
Mum.
No comments:
Post a Comment